The Health Tradition Health Plan formulary is an abridged version that includes the most commonly used drugs in the outpatient environment. The Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee continually monitors current and new drugs to ensure that members receive the highest quality and most cost-effective prescription drugs available. Periodically, the Committee reviews and modifies the formulary with any changes effective as of the date of revision.
Important Points to Remember:
- The printed version may not contain the most current formulary information
- Medications requiring prior authorization are shaded on the formulary
- Oral contraceptive coverage may vary depending upon plan benefits per group coverage
- Over-the-counter drugs are not covered by the health plan
- Pharmacy coverage is not provided by Health Tradition for BadgerCare Plus members as of 2/1/08. Providers and pharmacies can contact the following numbers for prescription assistance:
- Provider Services: 1-800-947-9627
- Member Services: 1-800-362-3002
For Updates and Assistance:
The formulary is available on-line for those providers having access to the Mayo Clinic Health System – Franciscan Healthcare intranet. The Mayo Clinic Health System – Franciscan Healthcare formulary will note differences for Health Tradition.
- If you need further assistance, please contact our Pharmacy Director, John Johnson, R.Ph. at 608-791-4186
- You can also access the formulary via your smart phone or PDA. A free download is available at ePocrates.com. Additionally there is a web-based program that you can download for a fee at ePocrates.com.
- Benefit coverage questions may be directed to Customer Service toll-free at
- Prior approval questions may be directed to Utilization Management at
608-791-7848 (La Crosse, WI area) or toll-free at 1-888-459-3020.