Together, creating better health and better health care consumers
Group plan availability
Small group changes for 2018
- SHOP will not be available in 2018. A business currently using SHOP or with employees enrolled on the exchange may benefit from moving to a small group plan.
- Small group plans are available in Buffalo, Trempealeau, Jackson, La Crosse, Monroe, Juneau, Vernon, Sauk, Richland, Crawford and Grant counties.
Large group plan changes
- Your Health Tradition agent can present new options for 2019 coverage that provide access to the Mayo Clinic Health System provider network.
- Large group plans are available in Buffalo, Trempealeau, Jackson, La Crosse, Monroe, Juneau, Vernon, Sauk, Richland, Crawford and Grant counties.
Please contact a Health Tradition agent for more information.
Mayo Clinic Health System quality care
Our affiliation with Mayo Clinic provider networks is the first of many good reasons to choose Health Tradition.
Members select a local in-network primary care provider (PCP), using a proven model for optimizing outcomes through continuity of care. PCPs are connected to an extraordinary network of specialists through medically indicated referrals to La Crosse and Eau Claire, Wisconsin and Rochester, Minnesota.
A partner who understands your priorities
Access to excellent care and cost effectiveness are both at the top of the list for most employers. We use these approaches to deliver on them.
- Engage people in the decision-making process, making them more capable consumers
- Streamline preventive care
- Incentivize healthy behaviors and support lifestyle improvement
- Motivate wellness participation with appealing programming
- Support employees in managing chronic conditions
Fully insured small group options
Employers with as few as one employee can enroll in a a small group plan. Our many plans include HMO and POS options and pharmacy benefit management, plus consumer-directed solutions that incorporate a health reimbursement account (HRA), health savings account (HSA) or flexible spending account (FSA).
Our ongoing effort to bend the cost curve also includes:
Proactive preventive care Our preventive care mission to improve the well being of members also creates cost savings. We accomplish this by streamlining access and adopting the latest diagnostic advances such as Cologuard colorectal cancer screening.
Medical management Our team of specialists assures quality care and cost management through prior authorization, referral management, case management, concurrent review and discharge planning.
Condition management A voluntary program that helps members better manage their conditions. The program includes a 24-hour toll-free nurse line, evaluation, consultation and education.
RNs available 24/7 Instant access to reliable health information improves utilization by helping members take appropriate action.
Active formulary management The Health Tradition formulary is Mayo Clinic’s own, drawing on the latest research. It is updated throughout the year instead of once, responding to price and supply changes faster and adding newer, more effective drugs sooner. Mayo Clinic purchasing power also helps to keep costs lower.
Quality management All standards are developed to meet or exceed Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) benchmarks, National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) and URAC guidelines to communicate and maintain our high standards of care.