Our Health Tradition COVID-19 Response
It is our priority to provide you the most up-to-date information surrounding COVID-19 and your Health Tradition Health Plan. In addition, please know that Health Tradition will continue to be able to serve your needs, answer your questions and concerns.
During this time, it is important to reference credible, accurate sources for information on COVID-19. We encourage all members to reference the following resources for this information:
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Cost Sharing and COVID-19 Testing
Please note, if you are experiencing signs or symptoms of COVID-19, do not go out in public, to urgent care or an emergency room. First, call your doctor or hospital system, and they will provide guidance on next steps.
During this time, we are committed to providing all Health Tradition members the support that you need related to the diagnosis and treatment of COVID-19. Health Tradition will waive cost sharing, including co-pays, coinsurance and deductibles, for the COVID-19 test. In addition, we will not require pre-authorization for medical services related to the testing for COVID-19.
For specific benefit information, please log into your Maddy portal account at www.MaddyPortal.com.
Medical Policy: COVID-19 Coronavirus
Virtual Visits by Amwell
If you need to see a healthcare provider, we encourage you to use your Virtual Visit benefit by Amwell to see a doctor on your smartphone, tablet or computer.
As of March 19th, 2020, all Medical/Urgent Care Amwell visit costs will be waived for high deductible health plan members, even if you have not yet met your deductible. For all Medical/Urgent Care Virtual Visits by Amwell, there will be no cost to Health Tradition members, including those on Health Tradition 65-Plus plan.
If you need to have a medical or urgent care type visit or if you would like guidance surround COVID-19 Amwell is great for seeing a provider in the comfort of your own home. Due to the increased demand of visits, wait times may be longer than the typical 7-8-minute wait.
To sign up or log into Amwell, visit www.HealthTradition.Amwell.com.
If you are having difficulties with the Amwell app or website, please contact Amwell Customer Service directly at 855.818.3627.
- FREE to any Health Tradition member, COVID Companion offers tips and local resources about COVID-19 directly to your smartphone.
- COVID Companion offers guidance about COVID-19 by providing key recommendations from the U.S. Centers of Disease Control (CDC) while keeping you informed with the most up-to-date information.
- Sign up texting TRADITION to 67634 or click here to scan a QR code.
myStrength: COVID-19 and Mental Wellness
- During this stressful time, myStrength is there to help you manage extreme stress, provide tips and find support to help you take care of your emotional health. myStrength is available to all Health Tradition members for a limited time.
- myStrength is a free behavioral health resource that can help manage heightened stress, provide tips for parenting during this time, social isolation management and other emotional support tools.
- To sign up for myStrength click here.
Ways to Contact Health Tradition
Health Tradition will continue to post the most up-to-date information, on our website, Maddy member portal (www.MaddyPortal.com), Facebook page, as well as sending pertinent updates via email.
Health Tradition has developed a plan to ensure that we can continue to respond to all of our member inquiries. We are still available by phone during our business hours (877.832.1823, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST) but you may experience a longer than normal call wait time.
To avoid potential wait times, we recommend:
- Send inquiries via email CustomerService@HealthTradition.com
- Send a secure message through our member portal, Maddy MaddyPortal.com