Health Tradition offers Cologuard—an at-home colorectal screening option for members 50 to 75 years.
Talk to your healthcare provider today about using Cologuard as your colorectal screening option. Your doctor must write you a prescription for your Cologuard screening test.
Cologuard is noninvasive, effective and convenient—all at no cost to you as a Health Tradition member.
- No hospital needed. Cologuard is an easy option that you can use in the privacy of your own home.
- Cologuard is delivered to your doorstep and picked up when you are done.
- Cologuard’s advanced technology detects abnormal DNA and blood in your stool, which could be associated with cancer or precancer.
- Cologuard is offered for free to eligible Health Tradition members ages 50 to 75*. Members who use Cologuard will also receive a $50 Amazon gift card.
Physicians, click here to download the prescription order form.
Members, you can also begin filling out the form and have your doctor complete it during your visit.
To receive a Cologuard test, follow these easy steps:
- Start by talking to your healthcare provider. It’s only available by prescription, so once your provider orders the kit, it’s shipped right to your home.
- Using the test is easy and requires only one stool sample. Cologuard uses advanced technology to find abnormal DNA and blood in your stool, which could be associated with cancer or precancer.
- Send your Cologuard kit to the lab with the prepaid and preaddressed UPS label provided. Once the kit has been returned and processed, the lab will contact your doctor, who will follow up with you to discuss the results.
Questions? Call Health Tradition at 877.832.1823.
*Based on health history, not all members may be appropriate candidates for Cologuard. Talk to your doctor for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is Eligible for Cologuard?
- Health Tradition members who are 50 to 75 years of age are eligible for Cologuard. Cologuard may not be appropriate for everyone based on specific health factors or conditions. Talk to your doctor to see if Cologuard is right for you. Health Tradition must be your primary insurance.
- How Often Can I receive a Colorectal Screening?
- Colorectal screening is a covered preventive service. Frequency of recommended screenings varies based on type of screening (every 3 years for Cologuard or every 10 years for in-person Colonoscopy). Ask your doctor if Cologuard is appropriate for your preventive screening.
- What if results show DNA associated with a cancerous growth?
- If you need a follow-up colonoscopy following the Cologuard screening, that will also be covered as a preventive benefit.