Mayo Clinic Express Care Online
Care within an hour, without leaving home or work
You don’t have to drop everything and go to the clinic for a minor health concern, even one that requires a prescription. Some conditions can be treated conveniently—at less cost—with Mayo Clinic Express Care Online.
Your diagnosis in one hour—or less
- No need to leave home or work
- Without the waiting—or the expense—of emergency or urgent care
- Providers are available from 8 am to 7 pm, 365 days a year
Online consultations are only $49
- The $49 cost is waived if an office visit is necessary
- Saves on out-of-pocket costs before your deductible is met
- Save even more by using an HSA (Health Savings Account)
Health Tradition covers it!
- Considered an office visit for cost-sharing (according to your plan’s coverage)
- Counts toward your deductible
Simple to use
- Go to Mayo Clinic Patient Online Services and choose Express Care Online
- Sign in, select your health issue, answer questions about it and choose a pharmacy
- Smartphone apps are also available
13 common health concerns can be treated
- Cold (upper respiratory illness)
- Cold sore
- Oral contraceptives (female, ages 18–34)
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
- Sinus symptoms (sinusitis)
- Sore throat
- Tick exposure
- Urinary tract infections (female, ages 12–75)
- Vaginal yeast infection (female, ages 18–65)
Yes, it’s Mayo Clinic care!
- Providers are Mayo Clinic physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners
- They can prescribe medications and order lab tests if necessary
- The consultation is part of your medical record, so your history is all in one place
- Your primary care provider is kept in the loop
- Available to all Mayo Clinic patients, 18 months–75 years
How to use Mayo Clinic Express Care Online
To use this service, you must have a Mayo Clinic patient number (assigned the first time you receive care).
SIGN IN TO YOUR EXISTING ACCOUNT
You’ll sign in at Mayo Clinic Patient Online Services, which also gives you access to your medical records, appointments, lab results, and a way to communicate with your primary care provider.
- From the Mayo Clinic Health System home page, click Patient Online Services (top right corner of the screen)
- Or go directly to the Mayo Clinic Patient Online Services page and select Express Care Online from the menu
- Or use the Mayo Clinic Patient App, available on Amazon, Google play and the App Store
OR SIGN UP FOR THE FIRST TIME
Set up your new account at Mayo Clinic Patient Online Services. If you run into a problem, help is available from the Mayo Clinic provider you usually see.
You’ll be asked for these items. After that, you can click on Express Care Online from the menu.
- Your Mayo Clinic number (found on anything you receive from a Mayo Clinic provider)
- Email Address
- Legal Name
- Birth Date
THEN, FOLLOW THE SCREEN INSTRUCTIONS
Each answer you give will prompt follow-up questions, so you receive a proper diagnosis. These are the same questions a provider would ask you in person.
You’ll be asked to
- Choose a pharmacy for any prescriptions
- Confirm your medications and allergies
- Choose your condition from the list
- Check which symptoms you’re experiencing
NEXT, YOUR EXPRESS CARE PROVIDER WILL RESPOND
After your confirmation email,
- A Mayo Clinic provider will contact you within an hour (the next morning if outside Express Care hours)
- Any prescriptions you need will be called in to your pharmacy
- A lab test may be ordered