Premiums and billing
Invoice schedule and detail
Premium billing is processed the first week of the month prior to the coverage month, and is due and payable on the first day of the coverage month.
Each month, you will receive a copy of the billing that consists of four parts:
- A Summary of Activity page
- Retroactive addition invoice
- Retroactive termination invoice
- Regular monthly billing invoice
Please submit the top portion of the summary pages along with your payment to ensure that payment is applied correctly.
Your plan may have one or more accounts, so please pay the total amount billed for each account under your plan. Any adjustments received by Health Tradition before the 15th will be processed in the next month’s billing.
How to Read Your Invoice
Each month, you will receive a copy of the billing that consists of three parts:
- The top section will list the Previous Balance, Payment made since prior bill, Balance Forward, Current Month bill amount, any Adjustments, and the Total Due.
- The next section will breakdown the Tier, Month, and Subscriber Count by each Subaccount or Class of Employees.
- The final section lists each Employee, Bill Month, and Bill Amount.
Please submit the top section of your bill with your payment for the total amount billed to:
Health Tradition Health Plan
PO Box 1450
Minneapolis, MN 55485-7349
Any mid-month adjustments received by Health Tradition before the 15th will be processed in the next month’s billing.
- If the effective date is between the 1st and 15th of the month, the entire month will be billed.
- If the termination date is between the 1st and 15th of the month, there will be no bill for that month.
- If the effective date is between the 16th and end of the month, there will be no bill for that month.
- If the termination date is between the 16th and end of the month, the entire month will be billed.
It is important for you to review the bill carefully and if there are any changes (additions or deletions) to participant totals, please send the appropriate forms immediately:
Administrative adjustments will be reflected in the next month’s billing. However, reimbursement adjustments for terminations older than two months are not guaranteed. Please do not indicate membership changes on the billing statement.
Contact Customer Service toll-free at 1-877-832-1823 regarding any questions you have on the billing process.
In the event it becomes necessary to cancel your group coverage with Health Tradition, we require written notification. We must receive this notice on company letterhead. Please do not write notes on the billing statement. If we do not receive written notification, the group will continue to be billed as active. The group will be subject to premium amounts until such notification is received. Failure to submit written notification of the group’s intent to cancel coverage with Health Tradition may result in the group’s termination for non-payment of premium.