New member checklist
Welcome, new member!
We’re happy you chose Health Tradition!
We try to make things as easy as we can. Please take some time to go through this website and learn about health insurance basics, how your plan works and what your wellness benefits include.
Open your new member booklet
Before you file it away, take a look at what’s inside. You’ll find information on specific benefits available to you and programs you might want to sign up for or use right away.
How to read your ID card
For your protection, Health Tradition has assigned each eligible member of your family with a unique member ID number. These numbers are located on the front of your member ID card, immediately to the left of the eligible member’s name. Providers and pharmacies should use this member ID number for filing claims to the plan.
The face of your ID card will list:
- Subscriber’s name. (example: Steve M Johnson
- Subscriber’s ID number (example: 000000000-01)
- Each covered member is assigned a numeric extension: the last two digits of the unique member ID number (example: ex. 02). For billing purposes, please notify the provider of the ID number and the correct extension. You and any eligible dependents must provide your membership card to providers and pharmacies for claim filing.
- Group Number (example: 000.00)
- Network: (example: Health Tradition for Employers)
The back of your ID card will list contact numbers for:
- Customer Service (eligibility, benefits and claim status)
- Claim filing address information for medical (includes mental health) and chiropractic claims.
- Pharmacy and prescription drug questions provided by MedImpact.
How to request an ID card
To request additional copies for students or other covered dependents in your family, or if you need a replacement copy should your card be lost or stolen, please contact Customer Service at 1-877-832-1823 and a card(s) will be forwarded to you.
Consider your health information sharing limits
Your health information is extremely important to us and we will not disclose your health information without receiving your authorization. If you would like to authorize certain individuals to receive or share your health information, please complete the following documents depending on your choice:
Select your Primary Care Provider (PCP)
Your PCP is the one person within your provider network who will get to know you best. While not required, selecting a PCP allows you to receive the most personal, high-quality healthcare journey possible. To find in-network providers in your area, use our online Provider Search.
Call us if you have questions
As always, if you need answers or assistance using your new coverage, please give us a call. Helpful phone numbers