Your ID card
For your protection, Health Tradition has assigned each eligible member of your family with a unique member ID number. These numbers are located on the front of your member ID card, immediately to the left of the eligible member’s name. Providers and pharmacies should use this number for filing claims to the plan.
The face of your ID card will list:
- Subscriber’s name. (example: Steve M Johnson
- Subscriber’s ID number (example: 000000000-01)
- Each covered member is assigned a numeric extension: the last two digits of the unique member ID number (example: ex. 02). For billing purposes, please notify the provider of the ID number and the correct extension. You and any eligible dependents must provide your membership card to providers and pharmacies for claim filing.
- Group Number (example: 000.00)
- Network: (example: Health Tradition for Employers)
The back of your ID card will list contact numbers for:
- Customer Service (eligibility, benefits and claim status)
- Claim filing address information for medical (includes mental health) and chiropractic claims.
- Pharmacy and prescription drug questions provided by MedImpact.
How to request an ID card
To request additional copies for students or other covered dependents in your family, or if you need a replacement copy should your card be lost or stolen, please contact Customer Service at 1-877-832-1823 and a card(s) will be forwarded to you.