As a Health Tradition member, your opinion counts
Health Tradition Health Plan is here to serve you. If you have an idea – big or small – that could improve our service or make the information we provide better, we’d like to hear from you. Please call our member advocate and let us know your thoughts.
Individual and employer group members please call: (608) 783-9503
We want to assist if you have any problems
Any problem that is of consequence to you is one we take seriously. To make sure issues are resolved to your satisfaction, we encourage you to call us. Member advocates are ready to help, and better yet, to listen.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-4:30PM
If you should have a concern or complaint about any aspect of Health Tradition which can’t be resolved through phone conversations or a personal visit to our Onalaska office, you may submit a written complaint to:
Health Tradition Health Plan
Attn: Director of Operations
PO Box 188
La Crosse WI 54602-0188
A member, a member’s authorized representative or his/her individual healthcare provider may request that a grievance be resolved on an expedited basis for an urgent care situation. Grievances handled on an expedited basis will be resolved within 72 hours after the grievance is received, either orally or in writing. Please see your Certificate of Coverage for additional expedited appeal information. You may also contact the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance, a state agency that enforces Wisconsin’s insurance laws, by calling toll free at 1-800-236-8517 or locally at 1-608-266-0103 to request a complaint form.
Please use these forms:
- Member Appeal Form
- Authorization for a Representative to Act on My Behalf in Appeals and Grievances
- Mayo Clinic Authorization for Release of Medical Information
- State of Wisconsin Members
- Revocation of Authorization for Disclosure of Information
If you are having a representative call or write on your behalf, please be sure you have sent a signed Authorization for Representative to Act on Your Behalf form to Health Tradition. If you want your representative to receive any information about your medical conditions, you must also complete an Authorization to Release Medical Information form. You may revoke your authorization at any time. (see the Revocation of Authorization for Disclosure form).
Employer group and 65Plus members:
- Call Customer Service toll free at 1-877-832-1823. A Customer Service Representative will help you try to solve the problem on an informal basis and will document your oral complaint.
- If you are unable to work out the complaint through Customer Service, please call a Member Advocate at 608-783-9505 or toll-free at 1-888-459-3020. The Member Advocate works directly with you to help find an informal or formal solution to the complaint.