Preventive care, 100% covered
Keeping you healthy
Preventive care is central to Health Tradition’s philosophy of care
The following preventive care services are covered at 100% when received from in-network providers, including
- Routine preventive exams
- Well-woman gynecological exams
- Well-baby and child care exams
- Adult immunizations
- Child immunizations
- Routine vision exams
- Routine hearing exams
See what preventive care is recommended for your age and gender
Talk with your provider
When making your appointment, let your provider know this is your annual preventive exam, and clarify which screenings or services are considered preventive. You may be billed for other covered services you receive that are not listed as a preventive service by paying a deductible, copay, coinsurance, etc. Please reference your Summary of Benefits (under the “My Plan” tab) for your specific coverage information.
Wellness benefits provide opportunities for improving your health
Health Tradition Health Plan wellness services support your efforts for living a healthy life with the effective resources and tools you need. Health Tradition has programs for you whether you want to give up tobacco, increase your physical activity or eat healthier. Many are provided free of charge or at a discount. Get full access to the ManageWell wellness portal and the health assessment.
Wellness events, groups, classes and activities
Additional wellness opportunities are available through Mayo Clinic Health System providers. They offer a variety of classes, support groups and activities designed to enhance health and wellness. Some are free.
- Additional things to know about preventive care Routine Preventive Care Q & A
- Health care reform information Preventive Services Covered Under the Affordable Care Act
- Recommendations from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Recommendations from U.S. Preventive Services Task Force, an independent panel of national experts in prevention and evidence-based medicine