What is a formulary?
The formulary is a list of prescription drugs covered by a health plan, showing the cost-sharing categories for each of four drug types:
- Generic. Less expensive than brand name
- Brand name. Often newer and more expensive than generic
- Non-formulary. Drugs not in the Health Tradition formulary which may have coverage depending on the plan
- Specialty drugs. Drugs used to treat complex or chronic conditions, including self-administered injectables
* Some coverage changes may apply based on your benefit plan.